Terms And Conditions
MAMA SURANYA BOOKS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
“adult” is a person of or above such age at which, under the applicable laws for the time being in force, a person is considered competent to enter legal contracts or purchase transactions.
“App” means the Play Art App with digital colouring and sticker composition activities for children.
“child/children” means any person(s) who is/are not adult(s).
“Minor Disruption” means minor suspension, temporary shut-down, interruptions, slowing down, buffering or other short-term disruption or lowering of quality owing to factors beyond our control such as, without limitation, internet speed or outages, electricity outages, issues with the web server hosting our website, repairs required owing to hacking, viruses, malware or similar third-party interference in the software or infrastructure required for our website to function.
“products” means books offered for sale on this website.
“website” includes the domain name mamasuranyabooks.in, our webstore and all graphic images and illustrations contained herein, but excludes the App.
“your child” means a child over which the relevant adult (including, but not limited to, such child’s parent and/or the person owning or controlling the device through which such child accesses our website) has actual or legal custody, possession, control, responsibility or guardianship at the time of use of our website.
2. This website is owned by Suranya Aiyar, Sole Proprietor of Mama Suranya Books, an unregistered sole proprietorship based in India, who can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice. Any changes shall come into effect from the moment they are uploaded on this website. Please check this page regularly and, in any event read, these Terms and Conditions carefully before any transaction on our website. Your continued use of or visiting of this website, including, but not limited to, purchase of products therefrom, following posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of the same.
5. a) Our books as offered on this website are readable and printed in reasonably good quality, and we have tried to give you an idea of their appearance in the videos accompanying each book. However, their look and feel will not exactly match the videos on this website because videos are a different medium to print as a result of which the viewing experience is different on each.
b) The graphic images relating to the books on our website are presented ONLY to give you an idea of the storyline and form of illustration of each book; they are not photos of the book and are not intended to convey the look or feel of the printed books. Colour, sharpness and look and feel of the pages of the printed book will vary from, and may be of lesser quality than, the graphic images of the books/pages of the books on our website.
c) We make no representation or warranty as to the quality of the storytelling and other entertainment and learning videos for children included in our website, which are provided on an “as is” and “when available” basis, and may be terminated by us at any time without prior notice.
d) You may experience Minor Disruptions on our website for which we will bear no liability.
6. CANCELLATION BY US: We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any order placed by you provided we reimburse sums paid by you thereof in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
7. YOU SHALL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL ANY ORDER ONCE PLACED. However, you may contact us if you wish to cancel any order, which we may entertain in our sole discretion.
8. We reserve the right to limit quantities purchased.
RETURN & REFUND:
9. (a) We will not consider any request for return or refund in case of claimed receipt of damaged or defective books or receipt of the wrong books, unless the same is reported to us at email@example.com within 8 days of delivery with photos and details included as to the condition of and/or mistake in the books delivered.
(b) We will inform you within 30 business days of whether we accept your claims and whether you are eligible for a refund or replacement.
(c) Refunds or replacements will be processed only after receiving the book(s) back from you in the same condition as in which they were delivered.
(d) If the relevant book(s) are not returned within 14 days of our intimation to you that you are eligible for a refund or replacement, or if they are not returned in the same conditions as which they were delivered, then our offer of refund or replacement, as the case may be, shall automatically lapse without further communication for us.
(e) No exchange shall be permitted.
(f) We may, however, without prejudice to the foregoing, permit refund or replacement requests/claims that do not conform to the foregoing in our sole discretion.
10. (a) All deliveries shall be by Indian postal services.
(b) We shall endeavour to make timely deliveries, however, WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANTY THAT DELIVERIES SHALL BE TIMELY.
(c) If a delivery is delayed beyond thirty days from your order, then we will refund the amount provided that you inform us of the same at firstname.lastname@example.org by the thirtieth day from your order.
(d) Delivery of all orders will be to the shipping address as provided by you.
(f) Notwithstanding anything else stated in these Terms and Conditions, and without prejudice thereof, our liability for delayed or failed delivery of products shall be limited to refunding the amount paid for them.
11. We may shut down this website or any part thereof or suspend or remove any product(s) offered for sale herein at any time without prior notice.
12. We reserve the right to change the prices of our products at any time without prior notice, subject to fulfilment of orders at the earlier notified price for products where such orders were placed before publication of new prices on this website.
13. Occasionally there may be typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions in the content of our website including, but not limited to, the price, description or shipping charges (“Mistaken Information”). We reserve the right to correct the same without notice and to cancel and refund orders placed under Mistaken Information.
14. Any new products or features which are added to the website will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
15. We reserve the right to modify or change the contents of this website at any time without notice.
16. You must not transmit any viruses, attempt any hacking or otherwise disrupt or misuse, including, but not limited to, by the use of code of any destructive nature, on or of this website.
17. We will have the right to immediately terminate your access to this website in the event of any breach or violation of these Terms and Conditions.
18. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password (if any) and for restricting access to your computer or other devices through which this website can be accessed. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password owing to your failure to maintain confidentiality thereof or your failure to restrict access to your computer or other devices through which this website is accessed, including, but not limited to, by your child.
19. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the owner of the website, its employees, agents and affiliates from any and all third-party claims, liability, damage or costs arising from your or your child’s unlawful use of this website or infringement of intellectual property rights regarding the content thereof.
20. All text, videos, sounds, music and images on the website (“Content”) is owned by Suranya Aiyar and protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights.
21. The Content or any part thereof may not be published, modified, transmitted, transferred, sold, reproduced, created derivative work from, distributed, performed or commercially exploited without the express written permission of the owner thereof.
22. Purchases from the website are permitted only if you are, and by making such purchase you are representing to us, that you are an adult and otherwise competent to enter into legal contracts and purchase transactions. WE DO NOT PERMIT CHILDREN TO MAKE ANY PURCHASE ON OUR WEBSITE. ANY PURCHASE THEY WISH TO MAKE WILL HAVE TO BE THROUGH A COMPETENT ADULT. IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE ON OUR WEBSITE ON BEHALF OF A CHILD THEN YOU ARE REPRESENTING AND WARRANTING TO US THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO SO AND ARE NOT PROHIBITED UNDER ANY LAW FROM SO DOING. IN ORDER TO ENSURE THAT CHILDREN ARE NOT EXPLOITED, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL AND, WHERE APPLICABLE, REFUND ANY ORDER SUSPECTED BY US OR BONA FIDE NOTIFIED TO US AS BEING PLACED BY A CHILD. Notwithstanding anything else stated in these Terms and Conditions, and without prejudice thereof, our liability in regard to any child making a purchase on our website will be limited to cancelling the order if the book has not yet been dispatched or refunding the amount paid for the book (not including shipping charges) if it is returned to us in merchantable condition within 8 days of delivery.
Last updated on: 12 March 2018