MAMA SURANYA BOOKS
TO BE READ ALONG WITH TERMS AND CONDITIONS NOTIFIED ON THIS WEBSITE
Words and phrases not expressly defined here or in the Terms and Conditions notified on this website are as defined in the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011 read with the Information Technology Act, 2000, as amended from time to time.
“Non-Personally Identifying Information” or “NPII” means information relating to any person coming to our website, how they use our website and/or the device through which our website is used that does not identify a specific end user or specific address for such end user. Such information may include, without limitation, such person’s IP address, browser, operating system, geolocational information (not including street address), the type of mobile or other device they are using, the type of operating system it is running, a unique device identifier, the countries or cities from where views, sessions, hits, downloads or purchases are made, the traffic sources, referrer Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”), referrer websites or referrer apps for views, sessions, downloads, installations, purchases or hits, exit URLs, exit websites or exit apps, the pages visited on our website, the number and identity of products viewed or purchased and purchase transactions initiated but not completed, information about visitors to our website that tells us how many views, downloads or hits a page, product, video or other content receives, the time for which a video is viewed (including, but not limited to, average viewing duration for a video, percentage of viewers against various bands of percentage duration of the video, e.g., x percentage or number of viewers have viewed 10% or 90% of the video), the traffic sources for views, downloads or hits, how many male versus female versus other or non-specified gender are among those viewing or downloading our content, or making purchases, and the countries or cities from where views, hits, downloads or purchases are made.
2. USE BY CHILDREN:
IF YOU ARE A PARENT OR OTHERWISE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CHILD, PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY BEFORE ALLOWING SUCH CHILD ACCESS TO OUR WEBSITE
This website, though primarily targeted at adults seeking to purchase children’s books, includes content for the entertainment and learning of children, including children under the age of 13 years and pre-schoolers. In this regard, PLEASE ALSO READ CLAUSES 18, 19 and 22 OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS NOTIFIED ON THIS WEBSITE. In addition, but without prejudice, to the said clauses of the Terms and Conditions we hereby state that:
(a) No child is permitted to make any purchase from our website and purchases for them shall be as per Clause 22 of the Terms and Conditions ONLY.
(b) We do not seek, and you are solely responsible for ensuring that you do not give us any personal information of any child. DO NOT give any child’s name or contact details when purchasing our products from our website or otherwise contacting us.
(c) Any information we receive from you for purchase or delivery/shipping of products from our website, we will assume to be of a competent adult and not of a child. You are responsible for ensuring that no child makes any purchases from our website and we will assume that PCI provided for any purchases from our website are by a competent adult. We reserve the right to block you from our website and cancel all orders if we learn or reasonably suspect that you are or have provided personal information of any child, or any person not competent to enter into legal contracts or purchase transactions.
3. Videos on our website are hosted by third party websites including, but not limited to, YouTube and Vimeo. Our website may also have links to Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest and other social media platforms or other third-party websites. Once you click on these videos or these links, you may receive links to other videos, including but not limited to suggested third party vidoes, or yet other third-party websites over which we have no control. We disclaim all liability regarding the content or security of any of these third-party websites or other videos.
4. PURCHASE COMPLETION INFORMATION OR PCI: When you purchase something from our website, we will ask for your name, billing and shipping address, phone number and email address (“Purchase Completion Information” or “PCI”) in order to be able to deliver the purchases to you, update you on receipt of order and dispatch of products, and otherwise complete your purchase. If you do not provide your PCI, then we will not be able to process your purchase. If, after providing your PCI, you wish to withdraw or change the same, you will have to inform us in writing at the email address provided below. We reserve the right not to sell you anything if you withdraw or change your PCI. We will keep your PCI for at least 2 years or such longer period as may be required in order to fulfill our obligations or as otherwise required under accounting and tax laws for the time being in place.
5. USE OF PCI FOR MARKETING: With your permission, we may use your PCI ourselves or share it with third-party service providers for sending out and distributing communications on our behalf, to inform you of our products, applications, services, events, promotions, sales, updates, to conduct surveys for internal research purposes and other information about us. If you no longer wish to receive such communication from us, please write to us at the email address provided below with the subject-line “UNSUBSCRIBE”.
6. OTHER USE OF YOUR PCI: We may also use your PCI:
(1) to contact you to clarify or confirm any questions/issues in regard to completion or delivery of your purchase;
(2) to contact you regarding limits on quantities ordered;
(3) for internal record keeping;
(4) for auditing as per legal requirements; and
(5) to analyse use of our website including, without limitation, for the purpose of improving our website, products and marketing.
In giving us your PCI you are deemed to consent to its use by us as stated in this clause.
7. We may disclose your PCI or other information to third parties if required under the law or under the reasonable belief that it is so required by the law.
8. We may also collect information you send us voluntarily (i.e. not as part of a purchase transaction), including information that personally identifies you, when registering for an event with us or giving us feedback/comments or making inquiries, whether in writing or orally. We may use such information for marketing, tracking, internal record keeping and improving our products and services.
9. (1) WE MAY RECEIVE NPII THROUGH COOKIES AND OTHER MEANS: When anyone browses, makes purchases, views videos embedded, clicks on any of the social media sharing buttons, app store buttons or links to other sites (including, but not limited to, various Pinterest boards whose links are provided in our Art Library) on our website we may receive NPII through industry-standard and reputed analytics providers including, but not limited to, Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, Pinterest Analytics, YouTube Analytics and Vimeo Analytics, who may use online tracking devices such as cookies to obtain the said NPII. NPII will be stored on their servers. Though we have endeavoured to ascertain that they are reputedly secure, we are not liable for their handling of NPII. Google Analytics maintains this information for approximately 2 years. If we download this information, we will keep it for 2 years or such longer period as may be required under the law for the time being in force. We may, ourselves or through third-party service providers (including, but not limited to, web developers and digital marketers), use NPII to:
(a) maintain the functioning of our website;
(b) authenticate users and personalise content on our website;
(c) troubleshoot, repair, administer and secure (including, but not limited to, against hacking and viruses) our website;
(d) analyse website traffic; the number and trends of downloads, visits or hits; the number and length of sessions; the number of repeat users, visitors or purchasers; and the number of purchases and product views, on our website, or pages of sections thereof, over different periods of time; and improve the targeting for our advertisements on social media, including, without limitation, Google, website and apps connected with the Google advertising network, YouTube, LinkedIn and Facebook;
(e) understand (without identifying a specific end-user or his specific address) how visitors use our website; the traffic source or referrer or exit URL, website or app; which pages, products, videos or other content on our website are popular, as well as their relative popularity; how many visitors to our website make a purchase, view a video, visit our Art Library boards, go to the Play Store or App Store page where our App is listed; revenue earned from purchases of our products; audience categories and places where our website is of interest and to measure the performance of our promotions and products; and/or
(f) comply with applicable laws and co-operate with law enforcement agencies. We may disclose NPII or other information to third parties if required under the law or under the reasonable belief that it is so required by the law.
(2) The cookies we currently use include Google Analytics’ Global Site Tag: gtag.js. We also use the Facebook Pixel tag.
10. We or our third-party service providers (including, but not limited to, web developers and digital marketers) may use industry standard pixel tags and web beacons to track your use of our website. Pixel tags and web beacons allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action on our website (for example, to determine how many visitors to our website have purchased our products). When you access the place with the pixel tags or web beacons they generate a notice of that action which does not identify a specific end user. Pixel tags allow us to measure and improve our understanding of visitor traffic and behaviour on our website, as well as give us a way to measure our promotions and performance. We may also utilize pixel tags and web beacons provided by social media platforms including, but not limited, to Facebook. We use the Facebook Pixel tag to target advertising on Facebook. We may use advertisements including campaign URLs generated by Apple Analytics to promote our App on this or third party websites or apps. Apple Analytics will provide NPII of users responding to such campaign urls including but not limited to the number of times our App was downloaded from such URLs. We may run Google AdWords campaigns or other Google advertisements to promote our website and obtain, through various reputed analytics services, including but not limited to Google Analytics, YoutTube Analytics and Facebook Analytics, the NPII of users viewing, using or making purchases on our website when they click on such ads. We may run advertisements on You Tube to promote our website and obtain, through various reputed analytics services, including but not limited to Google Analytics, the NPII of users viewing, using or making purchases on our website when they click on such ads. This information will tell us both the website or app sources from which users come to our website as well as how well our advertisements for our website are doing. We may link our Google analytics account with our Google ad products analytics account to get a consolidated picture of the NPII gathered by each.
11. We may share any information described herein, including, but not limited to, PCI or NPII with any successor to all or part of our business. For example, if all or part of our business is sold, we may give our customer list as part of that transaction.
14. Any communication in regard to the matters referred to above, as well as any grievances, shall be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated on: 16 January 2019